Tuesday, April 15, 2008

tax breaks for pet insurance

If you are a pet owner and know that they are not just pets, but part of your family. You feed them, take care of them, give them shelter, provide them with health check ups. Basically, just how different are they than a dependant. I'm a single mother and now that my son is in college (I continue to support him); he will eventually be able to take care of himself. Yet, my dog and cat will always be with me. As you know, we are asked that we give our pets yearly check ups, vaccinations, neuter/spaying to help over-population, tags, etc. and in some cases some of us even have pet insurance on them.

So, here's my question, why does the state demand of us to take out tags, vaccinations, etc. for our pets, but yet they provide no help or tax breaks for taking care of them. I think many people are irresponsible and don't really know how to take care of their pets, but if the governmnet actually provided tax breaks to tax payers for doing what we are asked to do for our pets, hence our cities, then they should also help by providing incentives.

I would love some feedback from folks out there that can shed any light as to how to address this concern. thank you

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home